Monday, April 27, 2009

My material


( Here is a statement of my current material and subject. )

The material I have been using for my subject has consisted of an old 8mm film called 'Murder Inc.'
I have also been interested in adopting youtube footage. This was my initial material I had readily available to experiment with and a great starter for creating a motion picture and adapting the two juxtaposing mediums- Digital and analogue.
Pam kindly delivered some old 35mm slides from the old art theory projection collection. To start with I got a hold of some New Zealand related images which I thought would be a starting point of some relevance to me.
Another area of subject I am experimenting with is video of Jumbo the elephant from the African circus that is currently in town. An exotic animal in a mundane NZ setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment